More About Me
As a teacher, I have worked with of many ages and backgrounds. One of my students has gone on to become a successful major label recording artist recently becoming the youngest artist to receive a number 1 on the dance billboard charts. I had the opportunity to tour with her as her guitarist and pianist.
I have studied, performed and taught music for over 10 years. I hold a B.A. in music from USC. My professional experience as a musician and teacher has led me to many areas of the music business. I’ve worked as an apprentice to several established film composers and arrangers and have had the opportunity work with Lionel Hampton New York Big Band, Metropole Orchestra, Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra, Clayton Brothers, Rachelle Farrell, Michael Buble and Charles Aznavour. I play guitar, mandolin, piano, bouzouki, bass, ukulele, banjo as well as write and arrange music.
My Teaching Philosophy:
I am extremely patient and firmly believe that anybody can learn to play music.
I try to keep my teaching philosophy simple. We figure out your musical goals and aspirations and carve out a path to achieving them. Along the way I will try to illuminate how the path to attaining your goals and aspirations is best taken at an enjoyable, relaxed pace and with a strong work ethic.
I always prepare for your lessons based on your interests, integrating relevant books and videos, creating handouts tailored to what we are studying in order to maintain clarity.
Helping others find their potential and become proficient at something is one of the most fulfilling things I’ve found in life. I love music and learning and teaching has become a great outlet for me to grow as a person and excel at my craft professionally.
Undergraduate University: University of Southern California
Year of Graduation: 2009
Majors/Minors/Specialization: Bachelor of Arts, Music
Year of Graduation:
• OCC Classical Guitar Scholarship Recipient 2004
• Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival Grant Recipient 2009
• Lecturer for Guitar I and Guitar II at Orange County School of the Arts (2016-Present)
• Band Director for Montage! Band at Orange County School of the Arts (2018-Present)
• Director for Montage Strings! Band at Orange County School of the Arts (2018-Present)
• Private teacher for 10+ years in greater Los Angeles area as well as worldwide via internet
• My students have gone on to attend Berklee College of Music, New England Conservatory and University of Southern California.
Philanthropy / Volunteering Experience
• Coached roller hockey at Boys and Girls Club