Whether you want to catch up or get ahead in Calculus, My Private Professor is here to help! Our Calculus math tutors in USA are experts in all of the topics covered in Calculus, AP Calculus AB, & AP Calculus BC, including the following topics for AP Calculus AB:
- How limits help us to handle change at an instant
- Definition and properties of limits in various representations
- Definitions of continuity of a function at a point and over a domain
- Asymptotes and limits at infinity
- Reasoning using the Squeeze theorem and the Intermediate Value Theorem
- Defining the derivative of a function at a point and as a function
- Connecting differentiability and continuity
- Determining derivatives for elementary functions
- Applying differentiation rules
- The chain rule for differentiating composite functions
- Implicit differentiation
- Differentiation of general and particular inverse functions
- Determining higher-order derivatives of functions
- Identifying relevant mathematical information in verbal representations of real-world problems involving rates of change
- Applying understandings of differentiation to problems involving motion
- Generalizing understandings of motion problems to other situations involving rates of change
- Solving related rates problems
- Local linearity and approximation
- L’Hospital’s rule
- Mean Value Theorem and Extreme Value Theorem
- Derivatives and properties of functions
- How to use the first derivative test, second derivative test, and candidates test
- Sketching graphs of functions and their derivatives
- How to solve optimization problems
- Behaviors of Implicit relations
- Using definite integrals to determine accumulated change over an interval
- Approximating integrals using Riemann Sums
- Accumulation functions, the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, and definite integrals
- Antiderivatives and indefinite integrals
- Properties of integrals and integration techniques
- Interpreting verbal descriptions of change as separable differential equations
- Sketching slope fields and families of solution curves
- Solving separable differential equations to find general and particular solutions
- Deriving and applying a model for exponential growth and decay
- Determining the average value of a function using definite integrals
- Modeling particle motion
- Solving accumulation problems
- Finding the area between curves
- Determining volume with cross-sections, the disc method, and the washer method
- And more!
Our math tutors are experts in all of the additional topics covered in AP Calculus BC, including:
- Finding derivatives of parametric functions and vector-valued functions
- Calculating the accumulation of change in length over an interval using a definite integral
- Determining the position of a particle moving in a plane
- Calculating velocity, speed, and acceleration of a particle moving along a curve
- Finding derivatives of functions written in polar coordinates
- Finding the area of regions bounded by polar curves
- Applying limits to understand convergence of infinite series
- Types of series: Geometric, harmonic, and p-series
- A test for divergence and several tests for convergence
- Approximating sums of convergent infinite series and associated error bounds
- Determining the radius and interval of convergence for a series
- Representing a function as a Taylor series or a Maclaurin series on an appropriate interval
- And more!
Our tutors earned top grades in their math classes & top scores on standardized math exams, & are excited to help your students master challenging math concepts & hone their critical thinking math skills, while helping them develop the study habits & confidence they need to succeed academically.
- With our math tutors, you get the best of the best in the U.S.
Our math tutors hail from top universities & programs at prestigious institutions such as MIT, Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, New York University, Claremont McKenna, University of Virginia, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis, UC Irvine, & more. We selected them & vetted them to join our team. They know what it takes to succeed in school & will do whatever they can to help your students reach their academic potential.
Our team of math experts includes tutors who earned straight A’s in college, tutors who majored in Applied Mathematics, Mathematics & Computer Science, & other mathematics-focused fields, tutors who are earning graduate degrees in math-focused majors, tutors who earned a 5 on their AP Calculus AB & BC exams, tutors who earned above a 4.0 GPA in high school, tutors who earned a 36 out of 36 on the ACT math section, tutors who earned 800 out of 800 on the SAT Subject Math exams, tutors who earned in the 97th percentile on the MCAT, & more.
Tons of Tutoring Experience.
Our tutors have extensive experience tutoring students, whether it’s through private tutoring, as certified teachers with years of experience in the classroom, as teaching assistants in elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, & in college, & more.
Moreover, our tutors have not only the brains, but also big hearts. Throughout their lives, our tutors have found ways to give back to the community & volunteer to help others. We are proud to have each of our amazing math tutors on our team.
Easy Booking Process.
But don’t just take our word for it: check out these tutors for yourself! With our transparent & easy booking process, you can find the best math tutor to meet your students’ needs. Simply enter the tutoring subject in the search bar, & what you will see is a list of tutors who are experts in that subject. Here, you will find their profiles, academic backgrounds, awards & accolades, experience tutoring, photos, videos, days & times of availability, & tutoring rates.
Once you find the tutor that best fits your students’ needs, simply select the day/ time that you’d like to have the session & “book now.” In just a few clicks, your students will be on their way to doing well & excelling in their academic career!
Our goal is to give our parents & students as much information as possible so that you can make an informed & empowered decision as to which tutor is right for you. Need help deciding? Simply give us a call or send us an email & we would be happy to walk you through the process.
We value transparency & are confident that the quality of our tutors speak for themselves. What you will get is a quality session with a top tutor to help your students with their individualized needs. We guarantee you’ll like your first session or it’s free.
No Smoke & Mirrors.
What you will NOT get from My Private Professor: sales calls, pressure to book sessions with us or “upsell” you into booking substantial prepaid tutoring sessions without revealing who your students’ tutors will be, elaborate & lengthy sign-ups for tutoring before you can learn anything about the tutors themselves, & other smoke & mirror tactics.
We are no frills. Just the best tutors in all subjects, available whenever you need them.
Book an MPP tutor today & together, we can inspire, empower, & achieve!